Do you want to start a customized tumblers business? Do you want to impress your customers? Or do you want to create a personalized tumbler for your next DIY project?
This is where a heat press machine comes in handy. The advantages of mug presses are convenience, speed, customization, and cost.
We can use mug press machines to apply logos, pictures, and text to tumblers. It would be best if you bought a heat press machine because it’s cheaper than getting your tumblers printed at a printing company.
I bought 9 top-reviewed tumbler press machines from Amazon. I spent 12 days testing, analyzing, and recording my findings. I shortlisted 6 that were the top performers. Here is why?
6 Best heat press machines for tumblers
Here is a short overview, reviews, pros, and cons of each tumbler heat press.
CALCA 110V Tumbler Heat Press Machine
Get the most out of your favorite cup of coffee or tea with this unique product. With CALCA Tumbler Heat Press, advertising, branding, and promotion are all possible. This product is easy to use thanks to its design and durable materials.
The CALCA Tumbler Heat Press is ideal for beginners. It comes fully assembled and with a certificate of CE and FCC approval. This machine is also straightforward to use with its step-by-step guide.
The CALCA Tumbler Press is perfect for those who need a reliable tumbler press machine. This mug press machine has 500 W of power and a 110 V voltage, and it can heat your tumbler in a range of 0–428 °F. The timer range is 0-999 seconds.
You can also buy it from Walmart.
PYD Life 110 V Tumbler Heat Press Machine Blue
The PYD Life Heat Press machine is an easy and convenient way to get customized tumblers with the press of a button. Its small size makes it portable, making it perfect for crafting on the go! It comes with self-adhesive labels that are easy to peel off once you’re done.
With a temperature range of 0-464, a time range of 0-999 seconds, and 110 V/698 W power, the PYD Heat Press machine is the perfect solution for companies looking for more flexibility and control. Moreover, it is easy to clean.
The PYD mug press can handle and sublimate between 2 and 4 pieces of ceramic mug or tumbler simultaneously, which makes it a good choice for many potteries!
POVOKICI Heat press 110V Heat Transfer Machine for 20oz Skinny Tumblers
With this heat press machine, you can create tumblers with personalized designs, labels, or photos. It is easy to use, and it takes less than 3 minutes to make a customized tumbler. This heat press for cups and tumblers is perfect for parties, holiday events, competitions, giveaways, and more.
The POVOKICI tumblers heat press machine has a temperature range of 0-428℉, 0-220℃, and time settings from 0-999 seconds. Set the temperature and time you need for your tumblers, and then watch as the press adjusts automatically to maintain your goal temperature. This tumbler machine for cups is perfect for those on a budget.
This Tumblers Press Sublimation Machine is a digital heat press that lets you print your designs right on the tumblers you will be drinking from. It is easy to use, can be used by both beginners and experts, and makes high-quality prints in a safe way.
Sublifun Pink Straight Skinny Tumbler Mug Press (11, 15, 30, 20, 16 OZ)
Sublifun Heat Press is a professional 3-in-1 tumbler heat press machine that can be used for different sizes. This product is designed with high performance and durable construction that keeps it in good condition for a long time without breaking down.
With a wattage of 500W, a global temperature range of 0–482°F, timer control from 0–999 seconds, and a digital LED controller, this sublimation tumbler press is a powerful tool for any creative professional. This tumbler heat press can print on a variety of tumblers.
VEVOR Automatic Mug Press Machine
No products found.
Although the Vevor mug press has a plastic housing, it is very attractive and has a high-quality glossy finish. When we compare it with other machines on the list, it is the best portable mug heat press as it weighs only 6 pounds. The branding is also minimal as there is only a Vevor imprint on the front side.
The best thing about this machine is the single-button operation. The screw motor automatically pushes the door and clamps the cup. Once the transfer is completed, the machine opens automatically.
Vevor mug press supports tumblers of 11oz-15oz sizes. There is a safety button for security protection which you can press in case of emergency. Moreover, this cheap tumbler heat press also shuts down automatically after 30 minutes.
The Vevor mug press reviews show that customers love this mug heat transfer machine. That is why it scores 4.1/5 on Amazon.
The 5 indicator lights indicate the temperature levels that can help you understand the heat levels. Unfortunately, you can not set the precise temperature. As a result, you have to keep an eye on the temperature levels.
Cricut Mug Press US For Infusible Ink Materials & Mug Blanks 11 oz – 16 oz
The Cricut mug press machine is one of a kind. The one-touch function allows you to transform your blank mugs into beautiful creations loved and appreciated by everyone.
Although the tumbler size selection is limited (11 oz – 16 oz) when it comes to Cricut tumbler pres, the heat zones are consistent. As a result, you will have a worry-free experience with this mug design machine.
This is the best sublimation machine if you want peel-proof and dishwasher-safe designs on your mugs. Moreover, it is a perfect companion for Cricut smart cutting machines.
So, if you are a Cricut lover, you don’t need anything else to customize your mugs. The best thing is Cricut is avaialble in both USA and Canada.
Characteristics of a good heat press machine for tumblers
A heat press machine for tumblers:
- Must have a strong build with durable construction.
- The material must be able to withstand the high temperatures that it will be subjected to.
- It should also have a large working area that can accommodate a large number of tumblers.
- Moreover, it should also accommodate different size tumblers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we use a mug heat press for tumblers?
Yes, it is possible to use a mug heat press on tumblers, particularly if they have straight sides or minimal curve.
Select a suitable cup heat press machine for straight cups based on the cup dimensions.
Typically, 20 ounce cup heat press machines and 30 ounce mug press machines are utilized.
If the tumbler has an unusual shape, such as a minor curve or a cone, you may need to use a conical baking coaster or heat-resistant tape to ensure that the heat reaches its intended destination.
Can you heat press plastic tumblers?
When it comes to heat pressing plastic tumblers, there is no simple answer of “yes” or “no.” This is because there are many factors that affect how a heat press works and what it does to a plastic cup. The success of the process is affected by things like the type of vinyl HTV and the type of plastic used to make the cups.
I suggested that you use an insert tool when heat pressing a plastic mug to help the mug keep its shape during the process.
Can I sublimate tumblers in an oven?
Can I sublimate a tumbler twice?
Yes, you can sublimate a tumbler twice. Just remember that there is a risk of ghosting if you do so, but it is perfect for testing printer effects or learning how to create sublimation prints.
Do I have to seal sublimation Tumblers?
Sublimation tumblers do not have to be sealed. Sublimation ink is already embedded in the tumbler, so you do not need to worry about it coming off or fading away.
How to sublimate the bottom of a tumbler?
Put the tumbler upside down on the base if you want to sublimate the bottom of the tumbler.
Why does sublimation my paper stick to a tumbler?
To reduce the effects of a softened coating, minimize excessive heating during the mug transfer process. Remove the paper from your mug before it cools down.
How to sublimate a tumbler with a heat press?
- Print your favorite design on the sublimation transfer paper.
- Wrap it around the tumbler by using heat resistant tape.
- Preheat the heat press and set the time and temperature as recommended by the transfer paper manufacturer.
- Place the tumbler inside the heat press. Let the transfer complete.
- Open heat press and let the tumbler cool down.
- Finally remove the transfer paper. Your design has been sublimated to tumbler.
What temp do you sublimate tumblers?
380-400 Fahrenheit is the best temperature to sublimate the tumblers. However, you should consult with the transfer paper manufacturer to confirm the exact range for the best results.
How to use a tumbler press?
- First, you need to adjust the pressure. You can do this by putting the tumbler in the machine and feeling how hard it’s pressing. If it’s not pressing hard enough, turn the knobs one way. If it’s pressing too hard, turn the knobs the other way.
- There are buttons on the machine that you can use to set the temperature. You can set the lowest and highest temperature and the printing time.
- Once the machine is heated up, you need to press a green button ( Some tumblers have a button labelled as Start” ) to start the countdown.
- Once the countdown completes, press the green button again to stop the machine.
- Finally, turn off the machine and peel off the transfer paper to reveal your design!
Can the cricut mug press do tumblers?
Yes, Cricut mug press can do the tumblers. However, you need to wrap a silicon wrap around the tumblers before heat pressing.
How long to heat press sublimation tumbler?
The best time to heat press sublimation tumblers is 50-60 seconds. However, it can vary depending upon the sublimation paper. You should consult with the paper manufacturer for the exact time range.
What size do I print for a 20 oz tumbler?
For 20 oz, you can print the entire 8.5″ x 11″ sublimation paper for best result. For skinny straight edged tumblers, it should be 9.3″ x 8.2″.
How to seal sublimation tumblers?
To seal sublimation tumblers, follow these steps:
- Print your sublimation paper with the correct dimensions (zero inches tall by 9.30).
- Clean the tumbler with a microfiber towel to remove any blemishes.
- Check that there is no space between the tumbler and the paper.
- Close the paper around the tumbler, making sure the seams are aligned and the paper is in the same direction.
- Use a long piece of tape to seal the seam on the top and bottom of the tumbler.
- Repeat step 5, adding two to three layers of tape on top and bottom.
- Close any air bubbles with tape to avoid ghosting.
- Run your finger over the tape to create a sweating effect that will help the ink transfer through heat.
- Check that the cup is sealed correctly and make any necessary adjustments.
- Apply one more layer of tape if necessary.
Can you sublimate on Walmart tumblers?
Yes, you can sublimate on Walmart tumblers. Here is how to do it:
- Print your design on sublimation paper.
- Use heat tape to attach the paper to the tumbler.
- Add painters tape for extra pressure and to keep the design in place.
- Place silicone wristbands at the top and bottom to prevent ghosting.
- Cover the tumbler with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the tumbler for five minutes and rotate it halfway through.
- After baking, cool the tumbler in an ice water bath.
- Remove the painters tape and use a baby wipe to remove any excess paper.
- Test the durability of the design by running it under hot water.
Can you use heat transfer vinyl on plastic cups?
Yes, you can use heat transfer vinyl (HTV) on plastic cups. But it is important to know that not all plastic cups can be used for HTV.
For example, HTV might not work with plastic cups that can handle high heat, since the transfer process needs a high temperature. When putting HTV on plastic cups, it is best to use a vinyl that won’t come off, like Oracal 75, that will last.
What is the best time and temp for 20 oz sublimation tumbler heat press?
The best temperature for 20 oz tumblers is 350-380 and the time 50-60 seconds.
We discussed the six best tumbler heat press machines, their reviews, pros, and cons. Remember to buy a sturdy, portable, easy-to-use, and multifunction heat press if you want high-quality personalized tumblers.
We recommend CALCA Tumbler Heat Press Machine for the best results.
I’ve been in the printing business for 25 years. I love to share my experiences and knowledge.