When we think about electric cables, batteries, and chargers used in the heated clothing, the question arises “is heated clothing safe?”
The short answer is to this question is yes. The heated clothing is as safe as normal clothing. Here are a few factors which make the heated clothing safe.
- The batteries used in the battery-operated clothing is of extremely low voltage. Usually, the batteries used in heated clothing range from 5v to 12v. A 12v battery is as safe as your smartphone battery.
- The carbon fiber elements are used as heating elements because they are rigid and last longer. They do not emit radiation and are proven to be safe.
- The connected wires are properly insulated o that there is no chase of heated clothing catching fire.
- Most brands use conductive threads instead of electric wires, it not only makes your heating clothing lightweight, it also minimizes the risks involved.
- The current generated through this system is not enough to cause skin burns.
- The chargers of the heated clothing are the same which are used to charge your phones. So, there is no risk involved.
- It’s been a decade since the heated clothing was introduced. No single case of electrocution has been reported.
Here are our top picks for heated jackets
Safety Tips for Heated Clothing
Safety should be our top priority no matter whatever we do. Following are the safety instructions for heated clothing:
- Children, infants, or anyone who requires supervision, should not use heated jackets, gloves, and pants.
- If you are sensitive to heat or have poor circulation, avoid these products.
- Do not use heated clothes, if the inner lining is wet.
- The heating elements should not be in direct contact with bare skin.
- If you feel discomfort, disconnect the heating system immediately.
- Do not pinch the cords.
- If you feel that the heat is inconsistent in different heating zones, inspect whether all the heating elements are working properly. Avoid using heated products until the issue is resolved.
- Do not use pins as they can damage the wiring.
- If you want to wash the heated clothes, do not forget to remove the battery pack.
- Do not remove the sewn labels as they carry important information regarding the heated battery operated apparel.
- If you are not using the heating system, turn off the device, and disconnect the batteries.
- If you want the heated clothes to be repaired, get them repaired through a qualified person.
- Always read the manual. It usually carries all the safety information.
- 6 Best heating pads for arthritis (2022) - December 21, 2021
- How to turn on the heated vest? - December 4, 2021
- Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best Heating Pad for Endometriosis - August 5, 2021