Here is how to upload fonts to Cricut Design Space:
- Download the font of your choice.
- Extract the font files from the zip folder.
- Install the .ttf or .otf font file.
- Once the font is set up, launch Cricut Design Space.
- Create a new project.
- Insert a new text object.
- Select the type tool to add a new text field to your Canvas.
- Finally, click on the font selector in the top toolbar to select the new font.
Ever considered adding your own fonts to Cricut Design Space?
Of course, Design Space offers plenty of free Cricut fonts. However, sometimes you just have to use one of your own fonts – like that Broadley font by Henry Juanda. Fortunately, uploading fonts to Design Space is much easier than you think.
How To Upload New Fonts To Cricut Design Space?
- How To Upload New Fonts To Cricut Design Space?
- How Do I Download Free Fonts For The Cricut App?
- How Do I Get Cricut To Recognize Downloaded Fonts?
- Why Are Downloaded Fonts Not Showing Up In Cricut?
- How To Add Fonts To Cricut From Etsy?
- What Are Good Fonts For Cricut Design Space?
- What Are The Characteristics Of A Good Cuttable Font?
- How To Delete Unwanted Fonts From The Design Space?
To upload a new font in Design Space, you’ll have to download it first and set it up on your Windows PC, Macbook, iPad, iPhone, or Android mobile. After that, it will be available for you in Cricut Design Space.
Here is how you can download fonts and add your favorite font in Cricut Design Space:
Download the font
You can get fonts from a variety of sources – both free and paid. For instance, you may look at websites such as fonts.google.com for free fonts.
I personally like Creative Market and Creative Fabrica for their selection of attractive premium fonts.
The majority of fonts that can be downloaded at no cost come with a personal use license, so they can be used free of charge in personal projects. If, however, you wish to market items created with a certain font, ensure it has a commercial use license.
Before you download a font for Cricut, keep these things in mind:
- Make sure it has smooth and solid edges. You will be able to get faster and cleaner cuts through Cricut.
- Cricut supports both .ttf and .otf font formats. TTF offers advanced features such as beautification and special characters. I prefer .otf. However .ttf also works perfectly.
- Make sure you remember the folder where you are going to download the font files.
Unzip the folder
Once you have downloaded the font files folder. Access it by navigating the file location.
If you are using a Windows computer, right-click and select extract. The files will be unzipped.
If you are using a MacBook, double-click the zipped folder, and it will unzip the files.
If you have an iPhone or an iPad, you can unzip the folder by tapping it twice. An unzipped folder with the same name will be created.
If you have an android phone, open the file manager, select the folder, and select extract from the options.
Install the font
Once you have unzipped the font files folder, right-click the font file, select install, and follow the screen prompt to install it in Windows.
For mac, double-click the font file in the finder window, and click install once the preview window appears.
For iPhone and iPad, open the iFont and choose font finder. Press the install button in order to install fonts. Now navigate to settings and tap profile downloaded, you will be able to see the fonts that you have installed. If it shows a warning, click install to install it again.
You can install the custom fonts on an Android device or tablet by tapping the My Fonts folder, selecting the name of the font, and tapping the install button.
Use in Cricut Design Space
Once you have installed the fonts, open the Cricut Design Space app to use fonts.
- Create a new project.
- Use text layer.
- Select the text tool located within the Cricut Design space.
- Click the font drop-down menu in the toolbar.
- You will be able to see the Cricut system fonts as well as all the fonts installed on your computer or phone. Select your favorite one to use.
How Do I Download Free Fonts For The Cricut App?
You can download the free fonts for the Cricut app from many sources. Here are some of them:
- Google Fonts
- Urban Fonts
How Do I Get Cricut To Recognize Downloaded Fonts?
Cricut recognizes the fonts automatically. Once you install a font, restart the app so that it can recognize the new fonts.
Why Are Downloaded Fonts Not Showing Up In Cricut?
The downloaded fonts are not showing up because either:
- You have not installed the fonts after downloading.
- The installation was not successful.
- The font flie format is not .ttf or .otf.
- You have not restarted the app after installation.
How To Add Fonts To Cricut From Etsy?
Download the font files from Etsy. Unzip and install on your machine. Restart the Cricut app so that it can pull the Esty fonts.
What Are Good Fonts For Cricut Design Space?
- Wild Hazelnut
- Apple Juice
- Palace Calligraphy Font YH
- King Crayon
What Are The Characteristics Of A Good Cuttable Font?
Any font that has smooth and solid edges is a good cuttable font for all cutting machines including the Cricut and Silhouette. It is because the machines can cut faster and cleaner when a font has smooth and solid edges.
How To Delete Unwanted Fonts From The Design Space?
To delete unwanted fonts from the design space, you have to delete the fonts from your computer or mobile phone. Simply go to File Explorer and type in “shell:fonts. Select the font you want to delete when using Windows.
Furthermore, to delete the font from mac, simply select the font name and click remove. To delete from a mobile device head over to IFonts/My Fonts and remove the font. Finally, restart the Cricut app so that it can detect the changes.