Sofa Length (in feet):
Number of Cushions:
Include sofa skirt
Include button tufting
Pattern matching or nap cutting required
This sofa fabric calculator helps you estimate the yardage for reupholstering or slipcovering a sofa. Input sofa length, cushion count, and design preferences. Click “Calculate Fabric Yardage” to receive an estimate based on your input.
How to calculate the sofa fabric?
To figure out how much sofa fabric you need, measure the length of the sofa, count the number of cushions, and think about things like skirts, button tufting, pattern matching, and the type of fabric.
Estimate 12 yards for a 6-foot-long, 2-cushion sofa and add 1.5 yards per additional cushion.
You can add extra yardage for skirts, tufting, and pattern matching or nap cutting as needed.
What is the formula to calculate the sofa fabric?
Total Yardage = Base Yardage + (Extra Cushions * 1.5) + Skirt Yardage + Tufting Yardage + Pattern Matching Yardage
- Base Yardage = 12 yards for a 6-foot-long, 2-cushion sofa, or 14 yards for a 7-foot-long, 2-cushion sofa
- Extra Cushions = The number of cushions above 2.
- Skirt Yardage = 1.5 yards if a skirt is included, otherwise it is 0.
- Tufting Yardage = 2 yards if tufting is included, otherwise it is 0
- Pattern Matching Yardage = 2 yards if pattern matching or nap cutting is required, if not, put 0.
I’ve been in the printing business for 25 years. I love to share my experiences and knowledge.