When it comes to heat printing, you will come across several machines to work with. The top three candidates for heat printing are Iron, Heat press machine, and Cricut EasyPress (original, mini, or EasyPress2). But the question has remained the same, which one is the best for your project. Well, it depends on multiple factors as every business and personal need are different.
We have done our research, so let’s dig in!
Iron is a straightforward machine used in households for clearing the crinkles and removing all the untidy wrinkles. But, it can do much more than just ironing the clothes. Despite the straightforward layout, lack of controls and buttons, absence of alarms, and extra safety features, you can use it for adhering iron-on to create unique crafts. Being small, Iron is ideal for smaller projects and tends to cover lesser physical space. What else do you need?
Iron is easy to use and doesn’t demand expensive maintenance routines. But when the matter comes to the quality, you might start doubting using Iron as it will be comparatively of the low standard to heat press and EasyPress. Although Iron can offer sufficient versatility, it is not as multifunctional as Easy-Press.
Here is a detailed comparison of the heat press machine and Iron.
- Offers convenient portability
- Everyone must already have one at home and doesn’t need to spend extra money.
- It is a budget-friendly option for everyone.
- A multi-purpose device that serves the dual purpose, or ironing and printing
- The structure is kept lighter for easy storage and carrying
- Ideal for using on flat surfaced items
- You are not provided with the precise or digital controls for setting exact temperature and pressure levels.
- Uneven temperature and pressure distribution, letting the print either melt or doesn’t stick so well
- Scorching and overeating issues are prevalent.
- Iron tends to have a smaller surface for printing making it not suitable for larger items.
- It has to be placed upright while not in use, making you prone to accidental burns.
- Steam iron has holes making it create hot and cold spots for ruined print quality.
- Requires to be pressed manually for providing pressure while printing
Now, coming to the second candidate, Cricut EasyPress. It is a perfectly balanced combination of Iron’s speed and heat press machine’s durability or strength. It means you can say it falls into the category of heat-press, unlike Iron. It is designed to keep the convenience of use. The most significant advantage it has over Iron is the ability to provide even heat and pressure distribution. It ensures top-grade quality. Comparatively, it is so much easier to complete crafting with EasyPress!
One thing is similar, and that is small compact dimensions making iron and EasyPress safe for traveling. Apart from easy portability, both have understandable readings and easy to understand layout. Where Iron doesn’t let you set the pressure, there is no guesswork in Cricut as it comes featured with precise temperature and pressure controls. And yes, the timer too with an audible alarm.
If you are wondering whether a heat press machine is better or Easypress. Here is our heat press vs easypress comparison.
- Ensures even distribution of heat and pressure throughout the heating element
- It is made in a smaller footprint, making it travel friendly
- Apart from being portable, you can keep it anywhere because of its compactness
- In comparison to heat press, it is less expensive
- Loads of safety features making it a safer option for beginners
- Fast heating time – not more than 2 minutes
- You can have it in cute design and striking colors
- The heating platens have a larger surface for printing than Iron
- The essential advantage is the availability of an insulated safety base
- A built-in timer that comes with an alarm beeping when the pre-set temperature and time has been reached
- Precise control over temperature and pressure
- LCD where you can keep an eye on temperature and time
- It can help complete your commercial projects with accuracy and ease
- Adheres vinyl stunningly and effortlessly
- The structure is lightweight
- Availability in a variety of sizes making it suitable for all businesses
- The additional feature of memory in EasyPress 2 makes it remember the last-set temperature
- Well-suited for printing on flat items
- High prices making it somewhat unaffordable for small-scale businessmen
- Not compatible with printing tons and tons of T-Shirts in a single batch
- Somewhat, it needs you to press the machine manually for better pressure
- As per the users say, its cord is placed at an awkward place
Cricut easypress vs Iron
One of the most significant drawbacks of buying EasyPress is the MONEY! If you are using a steam iron, you might face holes leading to loss of pressure and temperature. But, Cricut EasyPress gets hot in real-time and gives quality prints. Yes, your money will never be wasted. In fact, it will be your lifetime investment. BUT, it is so expensive for beginners and starters.
Whenever you start comparing, you must keep safety under check. Iron doesn’t offer safety as EasyPress does. Cricut products tend to be more technologically advanced than basic household iron. You will never find Iron with protection, Teflon, or ceramic coating, but you will have heating elements wrapped in the ceramic coating in EasyPress.
Cricut EasyPress has so much in common with traditional heat presses but not with Iron. But yes, both are highly user-friendly.
To conclude this iron vs easypress debate, Iron can make your simple tasks a bit challenging, no matter what. And EasyPress can solve your problems with its advanced and refined features.
Cricut easy press 2 also features in our list of Best Heat Press Machines.
Does the Cricut EasyPress work better than Iron?
In terms of quality YES, the Cricut EasyPress definitely works better in comparison to the household iron. You will never face overheating problems, accidental burns, uneven heat and pressure distribution, scorching, and bubbling of inks in Cricut EasyPress. With totally different applications and advanced technology, EasyPress ensures professional quality results.
Can you use an iron instead of Cricut EasyPress?
Yes, you can, but you must know that there will be a quality difference in both. No doubt, a household iron can get the job done. But, you might not find it as satisfactory, precise and high standard. With a heat press, printing is easier and faster.
Is a Cricut EasyPress the same as an iron?
No, it is NOT! Although EasyPress has the Iron’s speed and layout, it resembles heat press more in quality, function, specs, and application. They both serve the purpose of heat printing.
How long does the Cricut iron-on take?
Once you have preheated the printing area for a maximum of 15 seconds, all the machine will take is 25-30 seconds with medium pressure for each side.
Is Cricut EasyPress worth the money?
Although it is not on the list of the cheapest crafting tools, it is worth the money. It is undoubtedly an advanced, refined, and handy tool for transferring designs. Considering it a long-term investment, its manageable features will amaze you. Their availability in sizes and colors is pretty impressive. You can have the customized printing experience as it lets you set the pressure, time, and temperature with an audible alarm and loads of safety features.
Can I use a regular iron for Cricut iron-on?
Using a normal iron can never go wrong with Cricut Iron-On vinyl. We can say it is quite a beneficial tool that is definitely worth buying.
Can you use Cricut EasyPress as an iron?
NO! You cannot. It is solely designed for heat printing, not for removing wrinkles.
What temperature do I set my Cricut heat press for iron-on vinyl?
For Cricut Iron-on designing or printing, you must set EasyPress at the temperature level of 340°F OR 171°C). It is recommended to preheat the material for a maximum of 15 seconds.
Can I use my EasyPress 2 on an ironing board?
It will not be a sensible act as Ironing boards flex no matter how sturdy they are made. You need to use your EasyPress 2 on flat, not flexible, solid surfaces like a table or counter.
- How To Change Heat Press From Celsius to Fahrenheit? - January 2, 2022
- Top 2 Best Vinyl Cutter And Heat Press Combo Machines - January 2, 2022
- Can You Heat Press Glass? Will it be Washable? - December 25, 2021