Do you own a Cricut machine? Do you want to use the Cricut Design Space? Are you tired of heavy computers and need something lightweight to draw the graphics?
A tablet is a good option for Cricut users because it is lightweight, easy to use, portable, and allows you to draw diagrams perfectly. Moreover, many tablets come with a stylus that allows you to draw your images perfectly.
What to look for in a tablet for Cricut Design Space?
- What to look for in a tablet for Cricut Design Space?
- 6 Best Tablets For Cricut
Not every tablet is a good option for a Cricut. Here is what makes a tablet good for Cricut users.
Although you need a device with at least 2GB RAM to run the Cricut app, it is a good idea to choose a tablet having 4GB+ RAM. It will help you run the app smoothly and do all the design tasks perfectly.
The Cricut app requires at least 2GB of free space to run smoothly on your device. You should choose a tab having at least 32GB of ROM. 64 GB will be the icing on the cake. It will allow you to install the apps you want and store the files on your device.
While the Cricut app does not have any battery requirements. For your convenience, you should choose a tablet having at least a 5000mah battery. Anything less than 5000mah will result in frustration. With a good battery, you will be able to connect to your Cricut and do your tasks for longer periods.
Display and screen size
The minimum screen resolution required for Cricut is 1024px x 768px. You should choose a tab having a better resolution than the required one. It will allow you to use the app and create your graphics without any hassle.
While tablets come in several screen sizes, you should choose one having a screen size of more than 8 inches. It will help you concentrate on the details of the images perfectly.
Gone are the days when dual-core processors were considered good. If you want to enhance your creativity without hiccups, select a tablet with a quad-core or octa-core processor.
Remember that a heavy tablet can tire your hands easily. You should choose a lightweight tablet so that you can work for a longer period and carry it wherever you want.
While it is not an absolute requirement, a tablet with touch pen support results in a smooth experience while doing graphic design tasks. It increases creativity and helps you draw objects quickly. The keyboard can help you type the text in
6 Best Tablets For Cricut
Apple iPad Pro 2022
The new apple iPad Pro 2022 is powered by an M2 chip. You will be able to run the Cricut app, connect it to your machine, and create your designs in no time.
With Retina XDR display, Promotion, and P3 wide colors, the screen always shows crisp and bright designs with full details.
The iPad Pro comes with iPadOS 16 which will help you install the apps and navigate with a breeze.
With a lightweight design and battery that lasts the whole day, you can carry it wherever you want and complete your crafting tasks.
Compatibility with the magic keyboard means you will always have a complete laptop in your pocket.
When it comes to the best iPad for Cricut, nothing can beat the iPad Pro.
- Brilliant 12.9-inch Liquid Retina XDR display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide color
- M2 chip with 8-core CPU and 10-core GPU
Here is how to use the iPad with Cricut.
Apple iPad Air 2022
Although not as powerful as the iPad Pro, the iPad Air has still a lot to offer. Powered by an M1 chip, this tablet for Cricut in 2023 can handle Cricut Design Space’s complex tasks easily like a MacBook.
The multitouch display means you can do everything in simple ways. Drawing, writing, and coloring are not a problem when you have this Cricut tablet in your hands.
You have the option to choose a 64GB OR 256GB variant. It means you will always have plenty of storage.
The liquid retina display means you will have full control over the design details whether you use the Circut Maker or the Cricut explore.
This great tablet is one of the thinnest and lightest tablets for Cricut. Yet it cost half when we compare it to other tablets with similar specifications.
- Apple iOS 8; 9.7-Inch Retina Display; 2048×1536 Resolution
- A8X Chip with 64-bit Architecture; M8 Motion Coprocessor
- Wi-Fi (802.11a, b, g, n, ac): 16 GB Capacity: 2GB RAM
Microsoft Surface Pro 8
Are you a Windows fan? Are you looking for a Windows tablet for Cricut? Are you looking for a laptop packaged in a handy tablet size but powerful like a gaming pc, Microsoft Surface Pro 8 has been made for you.
Powered by Core i5 and i7 processors, you won’t have any problem working on complex projects by connecting the Cricut maker machine.
The Surface Pro 8 comes with windows 11. So you can easily run all the Windows apps. 2TB of SSD storage means plenty of space for your projects and no performance issues at all.
The 12.3-inch screen allows you to concentrate on the design details easily. Moreover, it is a great alternative to a desktop because it occupies very little space. You will have plenty of space for your Cricut, papers, and crafting materials.
If you want to enhance the experience with this high-end tablet, you can buy the Surface Pen and enjoy the smooth drawing experience.
- Intel Core i5 11th Gen 1135G7 (2.40GHz) processor, 256GB SSD Drive, 8GB RAM
- 13″ Touchscreen 2880 x 1920, Wi-Fi 6: 802.11ax compatible, Bluetooth 5.1
- Ports: Full-size USB 3.0; microSD card reader; Headphone jack; Mini DisplayPort; Cover port; Charging port, Camera: 5MP front-facing and 8MP rear-facing cameras with 1080p HD video recording
- 13″ Touchscreen 2880 x 1920, Stereo speakers with Dolby Audio-enhanced sound
SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S8
If you are looking for an Andriod tablet for Cricut, nothing comes even closer to the Samsung Galaxy S8 Tab.
The 8-core processor means plenty of power to run the Cricut app smoothly. Full HD resolution and 120Hz refresh rate allow you to avoid hiccups and complete your projects in no time.
The 12GB is more than enough to handle the complex design tasks.
If you want the real pen-on-paper feel, there is good news for you. It comes with an S pen. As compared to the iPad Pro, iPad Air, and Surface Pro 8, you do not need to pay for the S pen separately.
AndirodOs means it is compatible with Cricut design space, Google services, and apps. 256GB of storage is the icing on the cake.
If you are an Android fan and looking for the best tablet for your Cricut Design Space, look no further. Samsung is the best Android tablet for Cricut Design Space.
- DeX MULTITASKING: Do more on the go with enhanced productivity capabilities, like Samsung DeX and Microsoft 365 integration, that give you a PC experience, wherever you happen to be
- PACKED WITH POWER: Galaxy Tab S8 provides powerful performance with an upgraded Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset, super fast WiFi 6E, and all-day battery to get you through your day, whether you’re working, streaming, or gaming
- S PEN: Inspire your imagination with our fastest S Pen yet, an S Pen that is more responsive than ever, feels even more like a real pen, and it’s included with tablet purchase
Lenovo Tab P11 Plus
Are you a newbie when it comes to the Cricut machines? Are you looking for an easy-to-use Cricut Android tablet? Lenovo Tab P11 Plus is a budget tablet that has been designed for you.
The 2k display paired with 6Gb of RAM, an Octacore processor, 128GB of storage, and a run time of more than 15 hours means the Lenovo tab is a beast for newbies.
The features like Lenovo Precision Pen 2 support with 4,096 pressure and tilt detection levels means precise designs will be at your fingertips when you run Cricut design space.
The detachable keyboard means you can use it as a laptop too. The best thing is you do not need to pay separately for the keyboard or the Precision Pen. They come included with the package. Talk about savings!
- Experience superior streaming with the stunning 2K resolution (2000 x 1200) and 11-inch TDDI IPS display on this Android tablet
- Find a deeper connection with all the songs, stories, and shows you love with Dolby Atmos over four speakers on the Lenovo Tab P11 Plus
- Experience less lag while gaming or browsing via the MediaTek Helio G90T Tab Octa-Core processor with up to 2.05GHz
- Multitask seamlessly with 4GB with 128GB memory; Android 11 operating system
Amazon Fire 10 tablet
Buying a new tablet is a major investment. If you do not want to spend a lot of money, you can buy a basic tablet like Amazon Fire 10. It costs a fraction of the price of other tablets.
The Octa-core 2.0 GHz processor with 3 GB RAM will help the design space app run smoothly. This tablet is also equipped with 32/64 GB ROM which means your art and design projects will have enough space.
Amazon Fire 10 tablet also has a 7” HD touchscreen which is good if you do not like bigger screens. If you need a tablet with a good battery, this is the right tablet as it can last up to 12 hours.
- Fast and responsive – powerful octa-core processor and 3 GB RAM. 50% more RAM than previous generation.
- Long-lasting 12-hour battery and 32 or 64 GB internal storage. Add up to 1 TB with microSD (sold separately).
- Brighter display – Vivid 10.1″ 1080p Full HD display is 10% brighter than previous generation, with more than 2 million pixels. Fire HD 10 is almost 20% brighter than Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 (2022).
Laptop Or Tablet: Which One Is Good For Cricut?
If you travel a lot and need a device that is lightweight, comfortable to use, portable, doesn’t take up much space and has a good battery, a tablet will be good for you to use with Cricut Design Space in 2023.
If you work in an office or have plenty of space in your house, have no electricity issues, and do not want the bells and whistles of tablets, go for a laptop.
Is Chromebook Good For Cricut?
No Chromebook is not good for Cricut. The Cricut Design Space is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems only. The Cricut Joy app is compatible with Android and iOS. So, you will not be able to use Cricut on a Chromebook.
Can I Use Cricut Without A Computer?
Yes, you can use a Cricut without a computer. You can use a tablet or smartphone instead of a computer.
Can I Use A Cricut With An IPad?
Yes, you can use a Cricut machine with an iPad.
What Devices To Use With Cricut?
You only need a smartphone, tablet, or laptop for using Cricut design space.